- Orders can be placed by phone by contacting the sales manager, by e-mail or by placing a purchase order through the e-shop.
- Regardless of the payment of the order, the order is considered confirmed only after the order is confirmed by the Seller. After placing the purchase order through the e-shop, he will be informed about the confirmed order by e-mail.
- In exceptional cases, the Seller may not accept or accept only part of the order by informing the Buyer thereof and returning the difference in the price of the goods to the Buyer. In cases where only part of the order is accepted, the Buyer has the right to cancel the entire order.
Delivery of goods:
- Delivery of goods is free of charge throughout Lithuania (except for the Kuršių Nerija), if the amount of the Buyer's goods for purchases is not less than 50€ including VAT. Delivery of goods to the Kuršių Nerija is charged 40€ including VAT.
- If the Buyer made a purchase for less than 50€ including VAT, the Buyer pays the Seller 4.99 € including VAT for the delivery of the goods.
- We send orders abroad by separate agreement.
- The goods are delivered on business days, up to 5 working days from the moment of order confirmation
- The Buyer understands and agrees that in exceptional cases, the delivery of the goods may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the seller's control. In this case, the seller undertakes to contact the Seller and agree on the terms of delivery of the goods.
- When ordering the goods, the Buyer undertakes to indicate the following data: the exact delivery address (the delivery address may differ from the address of the Buyer); mobile phone number; other circumstances that are relevant to the execution of the presentation (e.g. coded doors, protection, etc.) .
- Jei orders a total weight of more than 30 kg, the courier will only help to unload this parcel from the vehicle, but will not help to take it to the desired place.
Identification and formalization of violations:
- At the time of delivery of the goods, the Buyer must, together with the seller or his authorized person, check the condition of the shipment.
- If it is noticed that the packaging of the delivery is damaged (crumpled, wet or otherwise externally damaged), the buyer must mark it on the invoice (waybill) or other document of transfer-acceptance of the parcel, and in the presence of the Seller or atstand, draw up a free-form act of damage to the parcel.
- If the parcel is unfit for use, the Buyer has the right to return the parcel to the Seller in accordance with the terms of return. After the Buyer signs the invoice (waybill) or other transfer-acceptance document, it is considered that the parcel is transferred in proper condition and the responsibility for the parcel passes to the Buyer.
- Goods for which claims for external damage are made after the acceptance of the cargo (signing of documents) are not accepted back, are not changed and are not returned.
Terms of return:
- Replace a product of inadequate quality with a product of suitable quality.
- Accordingly, reduce the cost of the item.
- Within a reasonable time, eliminate the defects of the product free of charge.
- The return of goods of suitable quality is possible only in accordance with the procedure established by order No. 258 of the Minister of Economy of 17 August 2001 approved by the "Rules for the sale of things and the provision of services when contracts are concluded using means of communication". In this case, the cost of returning the goods is paid by the buyer.
- Returnable item must be in original package, the item must be undamaged by the buyer (without losing its commercial appearance, intact label, etc.). This item does not apply in the case of the return of a defective item.
- The returned item must be in the same set as received by the Buyer.
- When returning an item, it is necessary to provide a document of its purchase.
- When returning a damaged item, it is necessary to provide an act of damage.